Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Aparri Aparri Aparri Aparri.



I have never been so not in my life, but the new area is really great.  I am enjoying my new area and there is a lot of work to be done.  I soon found out that although my area has seen a little bit of progress over the last months, it is not where it should be.  I am here to work hard, be obedient, and do my best. Sister Bagonbon is a ton of fun to work with.  She is from Mindanao and is Visayas speaking, but her Ilocano is amazing.  She also plays piano and shares many interests with me- it's literally a match made in heaven.
Some fun facts about the new area:
-There are about 1 million children.  We have a secret handshake. I am often seen holding hands walking down the street.  Filipino children love giant and white Americans.
-Everyone keeps telling me I am an "angel sent from heaven" because I am so white.  I feel like I am in my first area all over again.
-It smells like fish everywhere because that is the only real profession here. 

I am glad that I believe in miracles. I am putting my faith in the Lord and working my hardest.  I will see miracles.  I know it.  
 
Learn more about the gospel spreading in Asia:
Love you all!

Sister Leah Copeland
Philippines Laoag Mission
Brgy. 50 Buttong, Airport Avenue
Junction Tangid Road, Laoag City 2900
Ilocos Norte, Philippines


No comments:

Post a Comment