Monday, January 6, 2014

Dumarami ang mga tala...

So this week was pretty sweet because Irene was baptized.  I love Irene. And I promise I will send pictures next week.

Sorry if my blog post and emails are a little short this week.  I had big plans (like always) to write all of you this week, but our time is a little limited to email this week.  Sister Incognito received a surprising call this morning informing her that she will be returning home from her mission on January 15th, two weeks before her expected departure date.  This news caught us all off guard and I am sad that I will have to say farewell to my companion earlier than expected (especially on my birthday...what king of present is that?).  I also know that the Lord has a plan, though, and His plan is always better than my own.  I am thankful for Sister Incognito and the many lessons she teaches to me daily through her example.  Companions are awesome and we are going to work our hardest over the next days.

In other news, we have been super busy this past week teaching lessons and spreading the gospel.  Irenio Sr. and Reggie came to church yesterday.  That was a big deal and it is not hard to see the Lord softening their hearts.  Irenio asked us a few days ago why we must follow the Word of Wisdom, especially is doctors say that a little alcohol is healthy.  I had the opportunity to ask him where his faith was, in the Lord or in a doctor.  We also asked him if alcohol was more delicious than the blessings of the Lord.

Other fun news from the week:
1. We ate dinner at out landlady's house.  She is rich.  They own an iPad which was bizarre.  People just do not have iPads here.   
2. We taught 36 lessons.  Hopefully we will reach 40 this week.
3. The sun came out for a few days.  At least that is what I think it was.  I am still not sure.

I know that this is the true church.  There are so many churches on the earth declaring the gospel.  Each church declares truth.  But I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only church with the full truth of the gospel.  

P.S. I love you.  Watch this awesome video and then send me some mail.

Sister Copeland
Philippines Laoag Mission
Brgy. 50 Buttong, Airport Avenue
Junction Tangid Road, Laoag City 2900
Ilocos Norte, Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment