Monday, December 2, 2013

1 YeAr Pa, PeOpLe!




This week was a little bit momentous because I have now begun my 1-year-left-on-the-mission countdown.  Actually, as of today (the 25th of November) I have 360 days until my homecoming.  It is hard for me to believe that I have been serving the Lord for 6 months already.  The last 6 months have been crazy, bizarre, and amazing.  I am thankful for each day out here.  I miss home but I know the day when I am released will be a hard one.  

Speaking of thankfulness,  HAPPY THANKSGIVING sa lahat kayo!  Sister Storey's mother sent a package complete with stuffing, canned chicken, and jello.  I will tell you how it tasted next week.  From what I understand, a lot of Filipinos celebrate Thanksgiving.  I am not sure if that is true, but I will see in a few days.  I also drew a turkey with my hand last night.  I forgot to take a picture but it is on our kitchen wall.  I even added an American flag to show my loyalty to the red, white, and blue.  AMERICA!

In the news this week:

1. I gutted a fish.  It was so gross.  I would rather eat balut again than gut a fish.  Actually, I am not sure about that.  They are pretty equal in grossness on the scale of disgusting.

2. We fit 6 sister missionaries on a trike on two separate occasions.  3 inside and 3 outside.  #everythingismorefuninthephilippines

3. It has rained everyday and I am digging this ocean weather.  It is rarely hot here...send me a sweater please?!?

4.  My zone is learning a cultural dance for the mission Christmas conference.  Have you heard that I cannot dance?  Good thing is that we are all pretty bad.  

5.  Michael got baptized.  He is amazing.  He bore his testimony after he was baptized and it was over 30 minutes, replete with memorized Book of Mormon and Bible verses.  

6.  A woman in the branch tried to convince me that I look like her Filipina baby.  Yeah.  I am not that tan.

I am thankful for my mission.  I am thankful for my family.  I am thankful for my companion and mission president.  I am thankful for all of you.  I am thankful for the Lord.  As a missionary, I walk with Him each day.  He is on the streets of the Philippines.  He guides Sister Incognito and I always.  And sometimes, He reaches out and touches our hearts.

What are you thankful for?

Ingat kayo, ah?
Ayo ayo.




No comments:

Post a Comment