Monday, September 2, 2013

Wad up, homedawgs?









So, Sister Abuel and I have had a good week, despite the torrential rain and flooding like lahat sa area namin.  Di ko alam kung ano gagawin namin sa lahat ng ulan at mga baha.  Pero, ok lang.  We will survive.  On Wednesday we could again not leave the apartment.  I am attaching a picture of the baha that our Barangay 14 became.  I cannot explain the distress I endured not being able to escape the apartment.  I have read and reread every Liahona and other Church publication published since the Restoration. It is hard being rainy season here.  We make lots of plans but sometimes we just cannot teach people because we cannot get to them.  

Regardless, we are working as hard as we can.  On Thursday I lead the area during exchanges with Sister Boekweg.  It was fun to be with an American for a while.  We got extra stares because we are both super duper puti dito.  I learned a lot from Sister Boekweg and I now have more confidence for the end of the month when I will be training a brand new missionary.

Also, this week we were invited to a birthday party for Sister Briones, a member of the ward.  The party was super fun and I attached some pictures.  We had fancy flood and fancy cake.  I do not think events of this scale happen here very often because people have so little money to spare, but her children who live abroad made sure the event would be special for her.  I am thankful to be welcomed into the San Nicolas 2 Ward.  The people here are loving and appreciative of the efforts of the missionaries.

I love you all!  Thank you for the letters, emails, and most importantly, the prayers.  Mission work across the world is supported by the members of the Church, the tithes they contribute, and the prayers that the send up to heaven.  The Laoag mission has doubled since last year.  There has never been a greater need for support of the missionaries.  In a few weeks, 31 new missionaries are arriving to Laoag, 26 of which will be sisters.  These are exciting times.  We can only wait to see the grand reception of the gospel by the children of God across the world in the coming months.  

Alam ko na totoo ang ebanghelyo ni Jesucristo.  Sa pamamagitan ng ebanghelyo, alam ko na babalik tayo sa langit pagkatapos buhay natin dito sa mundo.  Tayo dito upang magtuto tunkol sa halimbawa ni Jesucristo at kailangan natin sundin ang lahat ng mga kautusan ng Diyos.  Ang mga utos ay susi para sa atin sa pasok sa kaharian celestial.  Akoy super masaya.  Akoy excited na puwede ko ibahagi ng ebanghelyo dito sa Laoag.  Buhay si Jesucristo.  Mero kayo ng katotohanon sa mundo, Ang Aklat ni Mormon.  Ang Akalt ni mormon, saka Ang Biblia, ay totoong mga libro para sa atin.  MApagmahal yung Diyos at tatangapin natin maraming biyay sa Kanya.  Yung pagbabayad-sal ni Kristo ay tunay.  Sa pangalan ng Anak ng Apodiyos, Jesucristo, amen.  

P.S.  Lots of you have asked if I have eaten balut yet.  I have not but I am planning to when I have the chance.  So far I have had chicken intestine, entire fish (like eyes and everything), as well as this curdled blood soup.  I can deal with the chicken and fish...blood soup....not so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment