Tuesday, April 30, 2013


Friends and I often joke of the fact that I am a survivor.  Whether it was Lyme disease, totaling my car, or knocking out some teeth after passing out, I know that I have been protected (one might remind me that I totaled my car in an accident where I t-boned a cop).  I also know that there has been a source a comfort that I have found, whether I have recognized its origin or not. 

The truth is that the Atonement and its accompanying grace are infinite and immeasurable.  Although the unlimited nature of the Atonement may appear tritely repeated, we can never completely understand the Atonement because of our human nature.   Our limited power could never endure the pain and suffering that Christ endured. 

Jesus Christ covers everything; He covers the ends of Israel.

And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs. -Revelation 14:20

A little research can tell us that thousand and six hundred furlongs are equivalent to approximately 200 miles.  200 miles covers the literal geography of Israel and a symbolic geography of all of us and our sins.  The Son of Man has paid for us all.  He bled alone and His blood soaked Israel.  

Jesus Christ is coming.  He tells us in His words:

He which testifieth these things saith, Surley I come quickly.  Amen.  Even so, come, Lord quickly.  
-Revelation 22:20

No comments:

Post a Comment