Tuesday, April 23, 2013


Exhaling.  It not only feels good to be in an airport with my best friends, it feels good to know that the year is complete and that a new period of transition has begun.  I am lucky to not be the first.  So many others have gone on missions before me, marking the path and returning with advice and assistance to offer.  I have been reminded today of a particular missionary, one who I never met, but one who has still influenced me and inspired me.

Wherefore, as ye are agents, ye are on the Lord’s errand; and whatever ye do according to the will of the Lord is the Lord’s business.

And he hath set you to provide for his saints in these last days, that they may obtain an inheritance in the land of Zion.

And behold, I, the Lord, declare unto you, and my words are sure and shall not bail, that they shall obtain it. 

But all things must come to pass in their time.  –Doctrine and Covenants 64: 29-32

This missionary had served honorably in Argentina bringing the truth to the people and working tirelessly in the name of the Lord.  With a family awaiting his return in the coming months, this man lost his life as he was hit by a drunk driver in the Argentina street.  It was not fair, but God’s plan would still be fulfilled; years later his family received a shocking surprise.  This missionary's life had abruptly ended, but his work would be continued by his sister, now called to serve in the same Argentinian mission. 

Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.  –Ephesians 5:17

The Church is true.  His will be done.  

1 comment:

  1. LEAH! I am so proud of you/excited for you. I love you SO much and I know that you are going to be an incredible missionary. You are destined for great things, I can't wait till you get back and we can continue our adventure together :)
    xo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete