Tuesday, February 5, 2013


There are a lot of scary things about going on a mission.  Right now I am praying that I will be able to get my passport and visa on time and I hope that my scripture study is sufficiently preparing me to teach the Gospel to others.  Regardless of all the things I have to learn and do now, I feel a great peace from the assistance of the Lord at this time. 

I cannot admit that I always wanted to go on mission.  I should probably repent for all of the comments I have made in my past life that included the words “sister missionaries,” “dowdy," and “single.”  Over the last year, as my heart has softened towards sister missionary work, I have felt a personal call to serve a mission.  President Monson’s announcement that lowered the required ages of Elders and Sisters was simply an answer to my prayers.  When I received my call last month, this answer became an undeniable confirmation of my duty to serve the Lord in Asia.

There is a rush of excitement that flooded BYU in October and it has not seemed to leave.  As my friends open their calls each week, I feel a greater joy for the work we are able to accomplish.  As the Army of Helaman and as Sisters in Zion, we will bring the world His truth.  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Leah, that's so exciting, I hope you get your passport and visa on time!

    ReplyDelete